Introduction to Vice Chair: Patty Midy

Hello delegates! My name is Patty and I am incredibly excited to be one of your vice chairs for UNHRC!  I have been involved in MUN since high school and was head chair of UN-Habitat last year.  This year your head chair, Annalise, has chosen some wonderfully pertinent topics and I’m excited to see how all of you will tackle them.  Currently, I’m a senior Individual Major: Space & Character at Cal, this means that I have created my own major, which focuses on design based research studying the relationship between spaces and the people who use them.  I am also earning minors in Theater, Architecture and Sustainable Design & Urbanism in Developing Countries.  

I am originally from Haiti, but have also lived in Florida, Texas and now California!  However, Haiti will always remain my first home. I have seen in person the problems that can plague a country when it comes to issues affecting aid workers and refugees and look forward to hearing well thought out and researched solutions to these difficult topics. 

Outside of BMUN, I am highly active in the Bay Area theater scene, having designed and produced several shows. I’m also involved in my sorority, Alpha Chi Omega, and I currently intern at Arup, an engineering company (where I thankfully do very little engineering!) Feel free to speak to me about any of these topics outside of debate!

I look forward to meeting all of you soon and reading your insightful comments on our blog posts!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are NGOs the only way to support IDPs?

Boko Haram's Anti-Western Strategy and the 'Western' Aid Worker

Assessing the Psychological Situation of Internally Displaced Peoples